Worldwide, glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness; cataracts being the first. Glaucoma has been nicknamed the “sneak thief of sight” because the loss of visual field often occurs gradually, over a long period of time, and may only be recognised when it is already quite advanced. Therefore it is important to have eye examinations at regular intervals where a ‘contrast sensitivity test’ should be performed along with a field test to measure visual loss.
To begin with there may be no symptoms, so it is important to have regular eye checks to diagnose the disease. Patchy peripheral vision is sometimes noticed as the nerve cell layer is affected and there is often a loss of contrast sensitivity.
Glaucoma is a group of diseases of the optic nerve involving loss of retinal ganglion cells in a characteristic pattern of optic neuropathy. Raised intraocular pressure, a reading above 22mmHg, is a significant risk factor for developing glaucoma; 14mmHg being normal. One person may develop nerve damage at a relatively low pressure, while another person may have high eye pressure for years and yet never develop damage. Untreated glaucoma leads to permanent damage of the optic nerve and resultant visual field loss, which can progress to blindness.
Once lost, this damaged visual field is very hard to recover. Glaucoma affects one in two hundred people aged fifty and younger, and one in ten people over the age of eighty.
Glaucoma can be divided roughly into two main categories; ‘open angle’ or chronic glaucoma and “closed angle” or acute glaucoma. Angle closure, acute glaucoma appears suddenly and often with painful side effects and so is usually diagnosed relatively quickly, although damage and loss of vision can also occur very suddenly. Open angle, chronic glaucoma tends to progress more slowly and so the patient may not notice it until the disease has progressed quite significantly.
Bright Eyes drops contain N-Acetyl-Carnosine (NAC for short) which is the only compound available that has proved in clinical trials to actually rejuvenate cells and repair damage at a cellular level. Applying Bright Eyes drops regularly each and every day helps to lower the intraocular pressure in the eye and also goes to work to help repair the damage.
Bright Eyes Ingredients
- Antioxidants: N-Acetyl-Carnosine (NAC) – 1.0%
- Glycerin (lubricant) – 1.0%
- Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose Sodium (lubricant) – 0.15%
- Sterile Water (ophthalmic grade isotonic solution, pH 6.3 to 6.5)
- Buffered with Boric Acid, Citric Acid and Potassium Bicarbonate
- And, as a preservative, Purified Benzyl Alcohol
Bright Eyes drops are safe to use alongside any other prescribed medication; just leave at least a thirty-minute interval between applying different drops.
• Bright Eyes is 100% hypoallergenic
• Bright Eyes is 100% free of animal ingredients and may be freely used by vegetarians
The recommended course of treatment is to use one box containing 2 x 5ml bottles a week, for a period of six weeks and 80% of patients report seeing significant improvements within this time frame. Those with more severe conditions may need to continue their treatment for longer.
• Apply Bright Eyes drops 5, 6 or 7 times per day to the affected eye(s)
• Only one drop per eye is needed per eye for each application
• One of the easiest ways to apply them is to lie down or lean you head well back
• Asking a friend, relative or partner to apply them for you helps avoid any wastage
• Pull the lower eyelid down and then gently squeeze the bottle until a drop comes out
• Instil the drop onto the centre of the eyeball and you will feel when it goes in
• Press on the tear duct for 2 minutes after applying the drop to avoid it being flushed out
• Leave at least a 30 minute interval between applying different types of eye drops
Unopened bottles should be stored in the dark and, wherever possible, in the refrigerator.
Once your condition has improved it is recommended that you continue using one or two drops a day to maintain continuing good eye health and visual acuity.
People without any eye problems should also apply Bright Eyes drops once or twice a day as a preventative measure to help ensure that they don’t suffer with visual impairment in later life.
It is also recommended that you take 2g or 3g of Ethos élan vital supplement in powder form daily.
Bright eyes drops are also especially beneficial to people who spend a lot of time in front of computer screens or who drive a lot at night, as they also help to relieve tiredness and soreness of the eyes. Simply apply one or two drops when discomfort is felt, for rapid relief.