Macular Degeneration (AMD) Eye Care Centre by Ethos
Of the many different human senses, eyesight is probably the most highly prized, yet the majority of us take it so much for granted. Ethos are dedicated to bringing you cutting-edge products to help in the fight against visual impairments such as senile cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Bright Eyes Capsules
Zeaxanthin and Lutein are the only two carotinoids found in the retina of the eye. Scientific research has shown that supplementation with these carotinoids can increase macular pigment density, thus providing natural protection against macular degeneration.
The amount of lutein and zeaxanthin in the eye is referred to as macular pigment density. People with the highest risk of AMD, that is the elderly, women, smokers and people with light iris colours, also tend to have low macular pigment density.
Macular pigment density can be increased by dietary means. Such evidence provides an indirect link between dietary intake of zeaxanthin and lutein, macular pigment density and AMD risk
A Guide Dog
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of legal blindness among the elderly in developed countries and a leading cause of vision impairment in general.
Some surveys estimate that approximately 10 million Americans show early signs of this disease and 450,000 or more may already have significant vision loss from late-stage AMD. Macular Degeneration is an epidemic among those over 55 and the baby boom generation will soon fall victim to this disease.
The risk of AMD increases with age and women may be at a higher risk than men. AMD is an incurable condition. Both the severity and irreversibility of AMD have prompted a search for ways to prevent or slow down its progression.
The best way to ensure you are getting Zeaxanthin and Lutein is to take Ethos Bright Eyes CAPSULES.
Take one capsule twice daily with meals, or as advised by your health care practitioner.
One Ethos Bright Eyes Softgel Capsule contains:
Zeaxanthin 5 mg
Lutein 10 mg
Bright Eyes Capsules are 100% safe and suitable for use on pets and other animals.
Bright Eyes NAC Eye Drops for AMD
Bright Eyes NAC Eye Drops for AMD contain the very special ingrediend N-Acetyl-Carnosine (NAC for short) which is the only product of its kind in the world that is proved scientifically to rejuvenate cells and repair damage at a cellular level.
It is well researched and documented that supplementation with Zeaxanthin and Lutein, as also stated above, helps to restore the macular pigment density in the eye which protects the macular from damage. But, up until now, once damage has occoured to the macular the text books say that this is irreversable.
Using Bright Eyes AMD drops delivers the NAC inside the eye where it can then go to work at a cellular level to start repairing the damage to the macular.
Bright Eyes Ingredients
- Antioxidants: N-Acetyl-Carnosine (NAC) – 1.0%
- Glycerin (lubricant) – 1.0%
- Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose Sodium (lubricant) – 0.15%
- Sterile Water (ophthalmic grade isotonic solution, pH 6.3 to 6.5)
- Buffered with Boric Acid, Citric Acid and Potassium Bicarbonate
- And, as a preservative, Purified Benzyl Alcohol
Bright Eyes drops are safe to use alongside any other prescribed medication; just leave at least a thirty-minute interval between applying different drops.
• Bright Eyes is 100% hypoallergenic
• Bright Eyes is 100% free of animal ingredients and may be freely used by vegetarians
• Bright Eyes is 100% safe and suitable for use on pets and other animals
The recommended course of treatment is to use one box containing 2 x 5ml bottles a week, for a period of six weeks and 80% of patients report seeing significant improvements within this time frame. Those with more severe conditions may need to continue their treatment for longer.
• Apply Bright Eyes drops 5, 6 or 7 times per day to the affected eye(s)
• Only one drop per eye is needed per eye for each application
• One of the easiest ways to apply them is to lie down or lean you head well back
• Asking a friend, relative or partner to apply them for you helps avoid any wastage
• Pull the lower eyelid down and then gently squeeze the bottle until a drop comes out
• Instil the drop onto the centre of the eyeball and you will feel when it goes in
• Press on the tear duct for 2 minutes after applying the drop to avoid it being flushed out
• Leave at least a 30 minute interval between applying different types of eye drops
Unopened bottles should be stored in the dark and, wherever possible, in the refrigerator.
Once your condition has improved it is recommended that you continue using one or two drops a day to maintain continuing good eye health and visual acuity.
People without any eye problems should also apply Bright Eyes drops once or twice a day as a preventative measure to help ensure that they don’t suffer with visual impairment in later life.
It is also recommended that you take 2g or 3g of Ethos élan vital supplement in powder form daily.
It is still early days and, as far as we are aware, there have not yet been any studies into using these three products in combination but we are receiving more and more very posative feedback reports from patients who have used all these three products in combination, over a period of six to twelve months, claiming that their eyesight and symptoms of AMD have improved greatly which the texts books say is not possible. We admit that this is only anecdotal evidence at present but, if we are right, it does at least offer a glimmer of hope to those suffering from AMD who the Doctors tell there is nothing that can be done to help them or to improve their failing eyesight.